We figured that if we want to vote for who will lead our local Scottish communities on May 5th 2022, we’d be better informed if we take a wee look at what each party is telling us that they are focusing on before the big day.
And so we compiled this informative video in what will be a series of short videos introducing each one of the Scottish political parties and their top 10 platform issues being brought forward to voters.
1, 2, 3, Let’s talk democracy!
Let’s Get Started
1. A Strong Scotland as Part of a Federal UK
2. Cutting energy bills to tackle fuel poverty
3. Supporting local initiatives such as community food larders to tackle food poverty
4. Support for the Homes for Ukraine scheme
5. Creating a long COVID plan
6. Tackling digital exclusion amongst seniors & young people
7. Safer Scottish Schools
8. Protecting local post offices
9. A post COVID focus on Scotland’s public services recovery
10. Free lateral flow tests in Scotland
What’s Your Favourite Party Focusing on?
Let’s take a look at the issues the main political parties say that they are focusing on.
Are you Registered to Vote?
The 2022 Scottish local elections will take place on Thursday 5th May.
If you’re 16+, we need to be registered by 18th April 2022 to have our voice heard.
Make sure you know how to register to vote.
Congratulations! Happy voting 🙂
Go and tell them what you really think, and use these helpful links and resources if you need them:
- Contact your local Electoral Registration Office if you have a question about registering to vote.
- Find your local councillors. Or discover more about the work they do.
- Find your address with the Post Office postcode finder.
- Discover more about how to vote.
- Information about voting during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Want to vote by post?
- How to apply for a national insurance number.