Is Your Postcode Exposed To Extreme Heat?
At the time of writing, climate change is once again rearing it’s ugly head and the UK is melting all previous temperature records with parts of the country recording their first ever 40 degree heatwaves.
It is yet another reminder to us all of the threat it poses to our way of living. According to the Met Office, these heatwaves will only become more common.
Check The Heat Map!
These helpful links will take you to resources that provide an opportunity to learn more about UK food security:
- Discover the latest UK food security report
- Be inspired by the Scottish Government’s ambitious plans for rural Scotland’s future.
- Discover more about Victory Gardens
- Connect with the voice of Scotland’s farmers, growers, and crofters.
- Connect with the UK Permaculture Association on Twitter.
- Follow the Scottish Rural Network.
- Join the Landworkers Alliance.
- Read what FarmingUK has to say.
- How price rises for fertilizer, feed, and fuel are impacting UK farmers.
- Take a look at how the privatization of welfare is affecting non-profits and those who use their services.
- Explore the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Read Reuters report on how the war in Ukraine is fuelling a global food crisis.
- Read Reuters report on the Fertilizer crisis.
- Go deeper into the Food Price Index with the Food and Agriculture Organisation.
- Download the Food and Agriculture organisations PDF that helps to explain the state of food security and nutrition in the world 2022.
- Study how food security impacts those on low-incomes.
- Watch Rob Greenfield on YouTube.
- Discover more about how to vote
- Get informed by levelling up your social media feed. Follow scotsvote UK on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.