Find your local polling stations
Scotland’s local election season officially kicks off in March, when voters across 32 council regions will vote for the people who they think will support the issues that matter most to them.
With dozens of local council seats up for grabs on Thursday 5th May, the results of this year’s elections will be felt in our communites for a long time to come.
Make sure you’re registered to vote by midnight on Monday 18th April 2022 so that you can tell them what you really think.
For the full list of Perth & Kinross Council polling station locations and the voter numbers assigned to each, check out this PDF.
Blairgowrie Town Hall
St Catherines Community Centre, Blairgowrie.
Community Connect, Rattray.
Village Hall, Bridge of Cally.
Blacklunans, Bridge of Cally.
Village Hall, Kirkmichael.
Who are your local councillors?
It may help to keep up-to-date with who’s doing what in your community, and why.
What are the issues?
Let’s take a look at the issues the main political parties say that they are focusing on.
Discover more about the Single Transferable Vote.
Come along and see how this electoral system works.
Go and tell them what you really think, and use these helpful links and resources if you need them:
- Discover more about Scotland’s electoral system.
- Learn more about STV with this PDF by the Electoral Reform Society.
- BBC Bitesize have a good explainer video about the STV electoral system.
- Compare and contrast FPTP with STV in this thread on MyTutor.
- Get a deeper dive into STV by studying it’s history in the US.
- Contact your local Electoral Registration Office if you have a question about registering to vote.
- Find your local councillors. Or discover more about the work they do.
- Find your address with the Post Office postcode finder.
- Discover more about how to vote.
- Information about voting during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Want to vote by post?
- How to apply for a national insurance number.
Congratulations! Happy Voting 🙂
The 2022 Scottish local elections will take place on Thursday 5th May.
We need to be registered by 18th April 2022 in order to take part.
Remember, if you don’t vote, they can’t hear you. Tell them what you really think. Vote.
If you’d like some assistance to register to vote this time around, let’s take a couple of minutes together to do just that. Come along!